29905560

hi, my company is going through a restructure. My role has

hi, my company is going through a restructure. My role has changed by more than 70% so I have to re apply for it. I have worked here for 7 years. A colleague who was appointed on a temp contract (1 year) was offered PRINCE II training which she took. I was not offered the training even though I am on a higher grade than her and do a similar job.

My new role now says PRINCE is essential for the role. I feel that my colleague now has an unfair advantage over me as she was given the PRINCE training, and will also apply for the new job.

Do I have a case re unfair treatment?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know why were you not offered this training?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Ben

I have no idea....however I returned from mat leave about a month before she went on the training. So I could have been asked (or booked in afterwards or at least asked if I wanted the training?)

It just doesnt make sense to me?

The main issue here is why did your employer not offer to send you on this training. If it was because you were away on maternity leave at the time then you can actually argue that you have been discriminated against because of your pregnancy/maternity leave, which would be unlawful. You need to be given the same opportunities as those employees that were not on maternity leave so if someone was offered this training and you were not simply because you were not around due to being off at the time - it is potential discrimination.

This is something that you can raise with your employer now, either informally or through a formal grievance. You may then also appeal your redundancy if it ends up in your employment being terminated.

After that all that is left is to consider the employment tribunal by claiming unfair dismissal and/or pregnancy discrimination.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating as that is a very important part of our process. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you