UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

As part of our lease we have 5 parking bays on an area of land

Customer Question

As part of our lease we have 5 parking bays on an area of land directly behind our premises which is used as a private car park.
The landlord employs a parking control company to ticket any cars parked on the land without a permit. As the lessee and having sole use of the 5 parking bays can we insist that no parking tickets are issued in our bays without our permission
many thanks
Jhar
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Do you have bays or passes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we have bays which are marked as ours

Ok,

Then yes you can insist,

They can not possibly know which are your cars and which are not,

As such you can insist that those spaces are not ticketed.

Otherwise they simply can not tell if they are authorised

I hope this helps

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Needed to know our rights over the land as lessees not just whether or not we can insist on no ticking in our bays.
Jhar
The landlord can only do what is in the lease.

If it does not state they can ticket vehicles then they can't.

Power to do or not to do is in the lease only.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes thank you very much have a good evening
And you
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your answer did help thank you for checking

Great