UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I want to start my own online dating business with no previous

Customer Question

I want to start my own online dating business with no previous experience. My idea is fresh and it should shine away from the main run of the mill dating websites. As I have zero experience the whole process is very overwhelming and hard to understand. The site has already been created, its already on a host and all I need to do is change a few things and manage it myself. The problems I'm having is the legal side so here goes.

Will I need to register the site with any authorities or organizations? I recently bought some terms and conditions specifically made for a dating site and it has a section named 'Registrations and authorizations' ...It asks for trade register+number, authorization scheme, professional body and vat number ?

Will I have to register under companys house and hmrc ?

Will I have to set up business banking or can I use a personal bank account? ...I'm not expecting to make millions in the first year!!!

I'll be working by myself and from home.

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

If you are Limited then you do not need to register with anyone.

If you are a sole trader then you will need to register with HMRC.

If you are a sole trader you can use a personal bank account but it must be one you do NOT use for anything else.

You will need to keep a note (and documents) of all income and expenses.

If you expect to turn over more than £70k in the first year you need to register for VAT.

You do not need a licence or authorisation from the authorities to run this.

You just need to register with HMRC as a trader.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you very much i will rate now!

Welome