UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

im representing myself in court as im just outside legal aid

Customer Question

im representing myself in court as im just outside legal aid figures & cant afford lawyer! how do i get serious information to the judge before the court case & to protect myself from the father who is the applicant?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

What is the nature of the dispute?

What sort of information are you trying to give to the Judge?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is not the person he says he is! his dob is wrong he claims to have no family here in britain on his application for leave to remaim which i supported, but wants visits to be at his sisters house his second name is XXXXX XXXXX that of both sisters and his mother & fathers, has given his sisters address but actually lives at parents home. Also says he is from Kosovo but really albanian the mother & father flying to albania in august were they have two 5 bed property on land that cultivates own fruit & veg. A lot of the info he is given is there the judge can see it it just needs to be highlighted as he now has a lawyer and even more dangerous if he sees it is me given this info. Im aware that he will deny domestic violence as its only my mum who is witness. he wants more access he get every second saturday under my mother supervision until he does anger managment, but i think he cant change his ways & i wish to have full custody. There is primitive steps order & non molestation order under emergency legal aid. I am off to work i hope that this info has been of use inneed of a lot of the correct help will check my email when i get home. Yours Thankfully

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have you been asked to file and serve statements or evidence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, just got to attend take the notice with me c100..

Forgot to mention he was in prison for 4 1/2 yrs 1/2 of 9 yr sentance for gbh & affray , he has been back & forward to court since 1996 for leave to remain in this country.

When is the hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

8th march.

And is it a directions hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure! he has got a form from reception and filed it straight after the first hearing were he was to represent his self. this was after emergency non molestation order & primitive step order was ordered by the judge without his precence.

Ok - you need to attend Court.

The Judge there will decide whether the order will continue.

The Judge will then set the matter down for trial and therefore what evidence and when it will be filed.

So you do not need to file evidence at this stage - a Judge will timetable the matter.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! can i take a Mckenzie friend ? thank you once again

Yes.

Of course if you have any evidence now in response you should send this to the other side and Court in advance if you want to bring it to the attention of a Judge.

But if this is a first hearing, it will be timetabled.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

were is the other side? and what directly to the court address for who there is no judge name

Both the other side and the Court (not necessarily Judge).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so there will be no anninuity/extra protection for given this information plus proof? & could i be charged with contempt?

I do not understand?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I posted all the info yesterday about my partner having been in this country since 1996 & done prison sentence under false identity, he has also mixing his word & judge has not picked this up. he has applied to court for more access & doesnt agree with the judges order or charges.

No thats fine.........................

Thats ok - dont worry.