13262538

Hello, I recently moved in with my partner who has two disabled

Customer Question

Hello, I recently moved in with my partner who has two disabled children. The CSA have contacted me and want details of our (now) joint child tax credits - the money is for her children not mine - Is this legal so because I moved in she now gets less money and has t pay for my child?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions !
This is sadly one of the (many) unfair parts of the existing (soon to be changed so they say) system
Tax credits are indeed counted as YOUR income as well and form part of your assessment
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok so they will consider the whole tax credits as my income not so a split of some kind?

Yes I am afraid so - although of course they will also disregard 20% of your income for the purposes of the assessment
Claire