12826847

I was approached in Nov 12 by a company who claimed to be able

Customer Question

I was approached in Nov 12 by a company who claimed to be able to save me money on my companies water bill. I agreed with this company that we would pay to them 25% of any savings they could make on our behalf, and I then signed a contract giving them permission to act on our behalf. I then heard nothing from this company and instead I began pursuing the claim for water overcharges through OFWAT and directly with the Water supplier. Over the coming months I had many e-mails back and forth from OFWAT and United Utilities regarding our claim, and they kept me up to date as the process unfolded. I still had not heard anything from the original company. Finally I was awarded a rebate and a reduction in our water rates from United Utilities, and this was as a result of the efforts made on our behalf from OFWAT. The original company have now come out of the woodwork claiming that it was them who have pursued the claim and now want the 25% of our rebate. When I have disputed the invoice they have said that they will get a CCJ against me today! Even though the invoice has 30 day payment terms. I am reluctant to pay this company anything as I do not feel they have supplied me with any service? Where do I stand if I chose to dispute the invoice? Thanks, Gavin
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Did you receive the rebate because of this company?