UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

My caravan was stolen I paid my fee for the year it was not

Customer Question

My caravan was stolen I paid my fee for the year it was not insured can I still claim from the site where my caravan was stored
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Did you sign a contract?

Did the company insure it for you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No contract signed. No company did not insure

Did you pay for insurance?

Did they ever say they would insure it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Am not satisfied with the way this is going,

Yes I understand but I need all the information before I can give you a legal view, otherwise it might be the wrong answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I asked a simple question can I make a claim. My caravan (tourer) was not insured in any way it was in a field with other caravans it was not a caravan park but I paid ground rent for a couple of years. On the 9th November I paid a storage fee as I hadn't been using it.

You can only claim against the company if they were negligent in some way.

If insurance was optional and you did not take it, or their terms exclude any liability - then no you can not sue them.

But if they were negligent in any way, so for example they left the gate open then yes you can sue.

Does this help?

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 4 years ago.

We have noticed that you have not viewed your page for some time and there is an answer waiting for you on your question page. To view the answer, simply visit your question page.

If necessary, you may reply to your Expert by typing into the text box located on the bottom of the question page and pressing Reply.

Gina