UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Hi hopefully you can help, I brought so sofas off a girl that

Customer Question

Hi hopefully you can help, I brought so sofas off a girl that worked for me however before I gave her the money some money when missing from my business and we agreed that said money would be used to cover this. Both agreements were made verbally.

The girl in question has not made contact however her new partner has, he has been sending threatening messages to which I have had to report to police. He is also trying to make me lose my job and threatening court action

I would really like to know where I stand

Many Thanks

Shalane Poyner
[email protected]
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

How many messages?

Over what period?

Were they via mobile phone?

And you would like to know how you stand in relation to the debt or criminal matter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Around 10 messages. As they are threatening court action I would like to know where I stand as this is her word against mine
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Over 2 days via mobile
You should report this to the police

In any event you can issue court civil proceedings

You can do this online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

You will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim

If the claim is below £5000 it will be a small claim and you won't need a solicitor

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued

But report it to the police about messages etc

I hope this helps

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice