UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Im claiming ppi and I have to get a letter of administration

Customer Question

I'm claiming ppi and I have to get a letter of administration which I have been quoted 1500 pounds, my husband died without leaving a will, I wouldn't mind paying this, it would be a struggle but I would manage it, I'm just worried that I wouldn't get back enough to cover this, one loan was for3000 and one was for 25,000 this was lid of after three years because my husband died.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

If you want to get letters of administration you can do this yourself.

You need to go to your local Probate Office, fill out some forms, make an appointment and swear some documents.

You also need to take the death certificate and pay a Court fee.

Then a short time letter you get the letter of administration.

The process is fairly straight forward and you dont need a Solicitor.

For more info please see:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/relationships_e/relationships_death_and_wills_e/dealing_with_the_financial_affairs_of_someone_who_has_died.htm#how_to_apply_for_probate_or_letters_of_administration

And Probate Offices can be found:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/probate/probate-registries

I hope this helps

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice