UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Hi i have recently completed full payment of the mortgage on

Customer Question

Hi i have recently completed full payment of the mortgage on my property and have since secured an offical copy of the title. 1. I note that in the title abolute section the original purchase price is not shown. Is this usual ? 2. in the charges register there is a covenant which basically states that no other building or erection other than the dwelling house should be made on the land. is this legally enforceable, as the covenant was made in1958 between the original vendor and purchaser ?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

This is not normal as deeds usually show the purchase price

You can write to the land registry and ask them to amend it

In terms of covenant - yes it's enforceable because it would bind all successors - but it can only be the beneficiary that could stop you or take court action

Given the age it is unlikely to happen

So in theory yes it's enforceable

I hope this helps

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would the beneficiary be the original vendor ?

Yes - the building company normally

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou Laughing

Welcome

Please remember to give my answer a good rating - thanks