12826847

How much of my correspondence between myself and my former

Customer Question

How much of my correspondence between myself and my former solicitor must I give over under disclosure.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.
Was the correspondence with the solicitor solely for the purpose of obtaining legal advice in relation to the current dispute at hand?
AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, a back and forth over 2 months, witness statements, Affadavits, advice, strategy etc. I appreciate that legal advice privilege will apply to a degree for strategy but does it cover simple back and forth things likes they ask me a question and I answer it?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.
It depends whether the questions are for the purpose of obtaining advice or whether they even relate to the claim.
If for example it is question about paying the solicitors bill or arranging a meeting this would be privileged.
What sort of questions are you asking?
AJ
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.
I think I will opt out.
I see another expert is assisting you.
AJ