Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

My friend and her husband live in Oregon, USA and we live in

Customer Question

My question is regarding adoption. My friend and her husband live in Oregon, USA and we live in England, UK. She is pregnant and they are considering adoption as their family is complete and it was unexpected. Can we adopt this child? and how much should we look at for legal costs for this?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Private adoption isnt allowed in the UK, sorry.
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience: PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
HiWhilst Private adoption is not possible in the UK it is possible in the States and Inter country adoption whilst difficult is not impossible (indeed adoption from the States is not unusual It is not simple and it is not easy - but if this is what you wish to do your starting point is the adoption section of your local social services