UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

i sell educational support services to parents of school age

Customer Question

i sell educational support services to parents of school age children. I'm self employed but the company are asking for a subject access request. Do I have to provide this or am I protected by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974? Could you please explain my rights.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

What information are they asking under the SAR?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've just been advised that they require one, though they haven't intimated that it is an enhanced one

So its a CRB check not SAR, is that right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've been told that if i have a CRB certificate, that would be fine, or they require a SAR.

Ok.

If you are self employed and they make a SAR you can refuse to provide details about convictions because of the Data Protection Act.

You are protected in that you can refuse to supply personal details about yourself.

The DPA protects you from disclosing this.

In any event you can refuse because you are not required to disclose pre-cons under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can my contract be terminated? Thankyou for confirmation, it has reassured me.

Only terminated if there is a clause that allows for it to be................

You need to check grounds for termination in it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful advice.

Welcome!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice