Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

I am 86 years young and have decided to give up a life motoring..

Customer Question

I am 86 years young and have decided to give up a life motoring.. I am not disabled and can walk for a limited distance, I have been using a scooter, which my wife used to use before she passed away 7 years ago..I have aquired a new class 3 mobility model to take the placeof my car..My problem is when I want to go father afield with my 12year old dog, I will need to be able to use the scooter for obvious reasons..Would it be legal to adapt my scooter to take her as a pasenger..Please could you advise me. thankyou Regards Ken
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Would it be in a box/pet carrier?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for delay, I had to go out ...In answer to your ? it would have to be a box arrangement under my legs, it depends what would be legal (if) my feet are father forward on top of the front mudguards.. the scooter is aXXXXXclassXXXXXKing..Hope this helps, regardsKen

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I think it depends whether you would retain full control

The fact that there is an animal in the box is immaterial. It could just as easily be a parcel or box of groceries.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help, you have confirmed my own thoughts Regards Ken

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Glad to help. My mate carries his dog carrier on his motorcycle rear carrier!

No problems