UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

can you tell me who regulates/inspects residential/holiday

Customer Question

can you tell me who regulates/inspects residential/holiday caravan sites? who does one contact about misselling of new caravans, and giving of false timescales for stays?we have a catalogue of incidents whereby our site owner has cheated and bullied and lied to us. It appears to us he can do exactly as he pleases with the threat of ...if you do not like it leave. This suits as he offers next to nothing for peoples vans , sells them on and replaces with brand new ones..money money money.
He miss sold an elderly lady a new van by telling her she could stay 12 months of the year, He later said he never said that at all.The lady has 2 witnesses but no idea how /what to do about it.
There is much more just need advice where to go for help, he has got away with this for years and needs stopped. hope you are able to point me in the right direction. thank you.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Is this a static home?

Or a contract to buy?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

static caravan purchased from site owner

11months occupancy only as licenced for holiday use.

This is governed by the Mobile Homes Act 1983

It is enforced by the local Council.

If it is to do with mis-selling it would be a civil matter and as such under the Sale of Goods Act.

Goods must be:

1) fit for purpose
2) of suitable quality
3) as described

If not then you may be able to take the matter to the County Court and bring a claim.

This can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you. you say the council but which part of it or whom would i contact.

Legal Services.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not had opportunity to do anything as yet. thanks. bit concerned about incurring more charges here though... this site seems to want me to sign up !

You have paid a one off fee so nothing more to pay.

But glad to help!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you very much

Welcome