Customer Question

Dear anybody,

I am really stuck this evening and need some advice from a solicitor regarding property and my rights as a land lady. Is anybody available before I go into details?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been trying to get rid of an awful tenant for months. He finally left the property but left his girlfriend and baby behind. He left when he went to prison for attacking police officers. After a string of police call outs, domestic distrurbances, complaining neighboours and damage to the property his girlfriend got an injunction against him meaning he could go nowhere near the property while she was in it. He left. All his belongings went. This was months ago. He has been in jail.

Meanwhile his GF has ignored all contact from me and refused to sign another contract. She wouldnt pass credit check but because she wouldn't leave I said I would let her stay if she signed the contract and kept up the rental payments.

She never sent back the contract and avoided me whenever I went to the property. At the end of January the neighbour told me she had left. I gave notice and accessed the property to find it a little bare. There was no rental payment in February and when I went back to the property on the 28th Feb the house stank. A months worth of mail clogge dup the door and the hamster lay dead having been starved to death. The neighbours told me they hadn't seen hide nor hair of her and she had told them she was living with her mother.

I tried to contact her but got my ex tenant. He told me he was out of prison and the phone was his. He refused to give me any number or address for his GF. She left no forwarding details and they refused to give me their forwarding addresses and he told me they had moved out.

I got straight onto the case and removed the last bits that were in the house. Spent a fortune getting it all sorted out....just glad they were finally out of my life. I put her remaining bits in a safe store unit down the road and have told him there is a key waiting and they can have access any time they want to pick up her belongings.

The next thing I know he arrives on the door step trying to bribe me for money and insisting he has his deposit back. He refused to give any forwarding details for him or her. I have a was of mail that is debtsm notices for unpaid bills and I have some of her belongings, none of which I can forward to her because she refuses to give any details.

I just had a call this evening from my mum saying a man had been to the house and delivered a notice saying I have to be in court tomorrow. I just have no idea what to do.

I have been out of work for months. I am in debt up to my neck and I just got a new job with a great company. I started today and am on a 5 week training course in Maidenhead. I can;t leave here to go to court in Cardiff tomorrow and its so short notice?!! I have no time to get my claim and evicence together. What shall I do?? I don;t want them in my property.....They have put me through so much already and cost me a fortune. I couldn't get legal aid because I own the property despite the fact I was claiming job seekers. I have no money left....I am in so much debt after being out of work. Please help me :0(

Can we try to summarise this?

In short, you are trying to evict them? And this is in for possession tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I summarise all that ? What do I do about this general form of judgement order ? It orders me to court tomorrow and i can't go. I don't know what to do. If I don't go what will happen to me ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anyone?? Please?

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Is it a possession hearing tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says it is for an injunction for reentry.

damages of £1000 per night

It's for unlawful eviction

They have told so many lies in their witness statements. It says they want damages up to 25k and that their belongings were worth 50k

I can't make head nor tail of all this paperwork "

Why cant you attend tomorrow.

When did you find out about the hearing?