Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

Hi, I got sms telling that i got prize from Global Communication

Customer Question

Hi, I got sms telling that i got prize from Global Communication Network amoung (850,000 Euro) and called me on 447xxxxx they are claiming that location in UK. And asking for my full information to relase the sum. Then ask me to pay fees 920 pound for transfering reason. And the money will relase to you from Stanbic International Bank in UK and the persone who calls me is Barrister XXXXX 00 44 7700 090412 mY EMAIL [email protected] Thanks

Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question. I note the barrister has provided you with a mobile telephone number rather than a landline. I also cannot find a bank in the UK with the name you have mentioned. It seems the bank operates in African countries. After reading what you have said carefully and carrying out some research I am convinced that this is not genuine. In fact, I have heard of similar situations. This is what is known as advance fee fraud and is very common where the recipient is asked to provide some money before a larger lump sum is released.

I would not provide the so called barrister with any information about you are your finances. Do not send them any money. It is likely you will lose the money and will not get the promised reward.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the problem i have sent them my full information with bank acount. They showed to me the ciritfications prepared to get the prize.

Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.
Ok, you should keep a very careful eye on your bank accounts. Speak to your bank straight away and tell them what's happening and that you do not want any money being released from your account to these people - this is of course providing they have not already taken the money. Your bank may have very well seen this before.

These people produce documents and certificates to add a sense of legitimacy to what they are doing and it is all done to get money out of unsuspecting people.