13262538

My grandsons born 1997 & 1998 of British Father born in London

Customer Question

My grandsons born 1997 & 1998 of British Father born in London in 1973 but of French mother born in Paris has been resident in England over 20 years are my grandsons eligable for British Passports?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Are the parents married?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No they are not married the boys were born in 1998 & 1997 they lived together about 10 years

Where were the children born and what explanation was given for the rejection?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Children were born in Greenwich South East London in 1997 and 1998

The explanation was because their mother is French.

What I would like to know even though the mother is French and was resident in the UK before the children were born and my son and her were living together for at least 5 years before the boys were born in 1997 and 1998 are they not considered British Citizens as my son is British born and school in London all his life and their children are registered in Britian and have British Birth certificates.

The other reason is that the mother got the children French passports. The question is are they allowed to have British passports and would the boys have to be nationalised is this the case ? before they can apply for British Passports.

I hope that I have explained the problem my son is experiencing.

Sorry one last question - and just to check - their father is named on the birth Certificates?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes the fathers name is on both of the children's Birth Certificate

Your Grandsons have a claim for Citizenship and can it can be applied for on their behalf using the forms here
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/children/britishcitizen/
Once this has been dealt with they will be entitled to British Passports
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, for you advice... I went on the website I cannot find the forms to print off... there is only an online application..

Grandparent..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/nationality/form_mn1.pdf
Claire