joannem1965
joannem1965, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor
12804206

I bought a nexus 7 tablet on the 13/10/12 along with a extras

Customer Question

I bought a nexus 7 tablet on the 13/10/12 along with a extras bundle from PC world. The unit stopped working and has no power at all. They say that it is under guarantee but they cant send it to Acer because there is no serial number on the back and as far as I am aware it never had one also due to a move of house I have thrown all boxes ect away so I am unable to give them it. PC world asked me to contact Acer to ask them to take it! I did so just to tyr to help but they told me the same thing over and over again.
PC World just keep telling me that Acer will not take it. the reason for buying this was to help me read books ect due to illness and I have missed it for the last few weeks PC world have had it.
Who should mend or replace it?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help you today.

I assume you purchased it new?

Did it come with warranty?

How did you pay for it?
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 4 years ago.
Hi there you've got 2 options - you can use any guarantee you've been given by the manufacturer and take it back to them for repairs. Or you can also approach the seller and tell them that they've got to repair this under the Sale of Goods Act, or at least give you a replacement. You could also ask for a refund if necessary but only if it was purchased recently. But the law's clear - the Sale of goods act places liability on the seller to replace or repair a faulty item that's not of satisfactory quality or not fit for purpose.
joannem1965, Advocate
Experience: I am a solicitor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello again,

just one thing, im happy with a replacement but what is ment by recently bought? also what happens to the £39 worth of cloud ect bundle.

You'll be too late to ask for a refund now, not several months after purchase, but the rights to a replacement or repair will still apply. The bundles can remain with you if the only product that's not working is the tablet.
This was purchased in December 2012. You have a reasonable time in which to reject goods which is commonly accepted as being 14-28 days. After this time you can only accept a repair. Also if you paid by credit card or on finance then the finance company would also be liable under the Consumer Credit Act. That means that if the retailer did not get it repaired you could sue for breach of contract against BOTH the retailer and the credit provider.