UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

A YEAR AGO I BOUGHT GOLD ON LINE £3000, HAD RECEIPT, LATER

Customer Question

A YEAR AGO I BOUGHT GOLD ON LINE £3000, HAD RECEIPT, LATER ON I WAS PHONED UP ASKING IF WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ANOTHER PURCHASE ,SOME TIME LATER A PHONE CALL FROM THE FRAUD SQUAD LONDON , TOLD ME THAT THERE HAD BEEN A SCAM.
THE PROBLEM I HAVE, THERE HAS NOT BEEN COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US UNLESS I PHONE, THIS I FIND UNSUITABLE, PLEASE ADVICE
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help you today.

How did you pay the item - credit or debit card?

On the receipt, what is the company name?

What is their number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sent money by direct debit to

European Gold Ventures Ltd

then changed to uk Goldinvestments Ltd

Bank acc

account name;UKGI

SORT CODE;20-49-81

ACC NUMBER 43676684

TOWER 42

25 OLD BROAD STREET

LONDON

EC2N 1HQ

And was it Gold Ventures Ltd you paid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first £3246

was paid to European Gold Ventures Ltd

addressXXXXX

Mayfair

London

W1U 6PZ

company number 06605291

There was a second amount of £4600 dated 16 Aug 2012 paid to

UK Gold Investments, the address you have.

I can say European Gold Ventures Ltd was dissolved on 18th September 2012.

UK Gold Investments Ltd was also dissolved on 4th December 2012.

This means that the Companies have ceased trading.

Therefore in reality your money has gone I am very sorry to tell you.

However you should contact Companies House in Cardiff as both Companies should have written to creditors before applying to dissolve them.

If they did not then this may be a criminal offence.

In any event you should report this as fraud to the Police as it would appear they have started up, taken money and dissolved the Company.

The Police can investigate the matter and the Directors could be prosecuted.

You should also speak with your credit card company. This is because they are liable under the Consumer Credit Act for any losses.

However there is a very limited time window which you can seek your money back from the card company.

But in reality if you can not get it back from the card company, your money is gone.

You can not sue the Directors personally and can only persuade the Police to do so.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and I am sorry for your loss, but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, but i didnt pay with a credit or debit card it was by direct debit, to a Lloyds TSB from a Lloyds TSB Bank. from our retirement savings accounts.

It was the Police Fraud squad in London that brought my attention to the scam, my problem is ,keeping me and others in the circle, no communications unless i ask, any news? the DC last he was going to report

to CPS,

Thanks for this. Hopefully the will be prosecuted and you can ask for an update.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know,