13262538

1. Is it legal to hire a nanny to look after two boys at age

Customer Question

1. Is it legal to hire a nanny to look after two boys at age of 8 and 10 without any qualifications and certificate?

2. If this nanny without certificate has been hired and turned to be not qualified, what the concequence will be?

3. If one of the parents wants to keep this nanny and the other doesn't, what is the best way to solve the problem?

4. Is it a proper way for the other parent who does not agree to have this nanny without qualification to go and report the case to the police?

5. In which newspaper which indicates that it is the new law that all nannies in England must have a certificate?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Apart from possible concerns are there actual concerns?

Who has child residence?

Can we have full background please?

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Claire.
In fact your ex husband is entitled to pay who ever he wishes to care for the children in his home and he is not committing any criminal offence.
There is no requirement for Qfsted involvement as they are both over 8.
If you believe that the carer poses a potential risk to the children (for instance there has been no CRB check) then you can apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order to stop him from using her
Claire
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your quick reply. Do you mean that the children over 8 years old do not need the nanny with proper qualifications, i.e., anyone can be hired as long as the parent who holds the residence? The other question I'd like to make sure is that: If this nanny hired without certificate, no any working experience before in the area without CRB check and has failed to give proper supervision to the children just because the father wants to keep her for his own convinience, what the concequence will be? Is it illegal?

Regards,

Ping

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Claire,

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Claire,

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am waiting for the reply of the follow-up questions. I have already sent it three times and haven't got any answer. How long do I have to wait? Or there is no reply given on the follow-up questions?

My apologies for the delay I have been off line.
There are fewer regulations regarding child care where the children are over 8 so yes it is up to the parent with residence who they choose.
There is nothing illegal in employing someone on this basis - but the fact that it mat not be wise means that the other parent can challenge it via the family law system
Claire