How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partner has decided to leave me. The house and major assets

Customer Question

My partner has decided to leave me. The house and major assets are in my name. She claims to be penniless and unable to re house herself. She earns enough to pay rent with little left over. She has asked me for £160,000 over the next 12 months. ( which I would find practically impossible)

What advice can you offer, please,


Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Claire
Are there any children involved?
Were you married and what financial contribution has she made to the property and assets

Related Law Questions