Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have received judgement in the small claims court for £5545

Customer Question

I have received judgement in the small claims court for £5545 (includes costs) on 26/11/12. The Defendant (Limited Company) has not paid (within the 14 day time frame) nor responded to my correspondence.
I wish to pursue this but understand that a warrant of execution has a maximum £5000.
Could you let me know my options please.
Alan
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

There is nothing to stop you pursuing you this. The only thing is as you say the Judgment is over £5k you will need to transfer it to the High Court and ask the High Court Enforcement Officer to enforce it.

Believe me this is a result - they are far better at executing these warrants than the county court bailiffs. In the high court it is actually called a Writ of Fi Fa. You need to write to the county court and ask for the the Judgment to be transferred to the High Court. Then you apply for a certificate of Judgment using form N293A and the same time you will also be able to apply for the writ of fi fa.

How would you like me to assist you with this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it literally just a letter to county court. Is there any specially wording/examples on web site?

There are 2 separate exercises? 1. Write to court & 2. apply using N293A & apply for the writ.

Can you tell me what court and bailiff fees are likely to be?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Yes write to the county court and submit the form N293A. Where you apply for the Execution depends on the nature of your claim.

The last time I checked the application fee is £60 (it changes all the time so you best confirm this with the county court).

The Enforcement Offices fees are paid by the debtor.

I have assumed that this is straight forward and their are no special circumstances i.e the debtor is insolvent etc?

AJ

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you will look at form etc overnight.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

No problem.

I wish you the best of luck.

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I now have form N293A sealed by Nuneaton court.

I understand that I must now contact a Sheriff for enforcement. Is the location of the Defendant (Coventry) relevant as to which Sheriff?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.