12826847

i have separated from my wife. i asked her for a divorce because

Customer Question

i asked my wife for a divorce because of repeated sudden verbal attacks for3 years living together followed by 2 1/2 yrs marriage.i took on her3kids&brought them back from the brink of financial ruin to being a healthy,prosperous family which was very disfunctional when we met.i couldn't take any more of her outbursts despite being a psychotherapist[& high school teacher]with a reputation for calmness and patience.i told my wife when we parted that i would gladly do a DIY divorce but since the split she has become nasty&callously been out to destroy me.as a consequence i went off sick from my school on 21/12/12[&still am] with stress/anxiety&was recently told that the full time permanent post which would have been open to me when my yrs contract there ends 31/3/13 is now not.consequently,as a formerly good attender&being 56 yrs old,it's highly unlikely that i will acquire another post so her behaviour has effectively ended my career.in addition SHE has employed a solicitor to divorce ME and i've received a letter asking me to declare all my income&expenses for the past yr&to list my property value,pension etc.to give credence to her petition she's lied outright to her solicitor[who i believe she knows-is that allowed?]&said i'd been violent in the home when i've never lifted a finger to a woman in a lifetime.this whole thing has me worried sick that she will be able to take 1/2 of all i own,even before i met her,if that's true.it's very frustrating too because i asked her before we married for a prenuptual agreement but she refused saying i should trust her.i said that many married couples divorce so i would still like one.she said she would never take anything that already belonged to me&if it ever happened,we would both go our separate ways with what we started with&swore to that.she even said that she didn't take anything from her previous husband who she really resented so that should convince me that she would never take anything that i'd worked hard for before we met or after.i grudgingly left it there but was not in agreement with her.i feel like she's using me as a meal-ticket&it will ruin me financially with just10 yrs to retirement.with regard to my pension;for a lifetime before we met [me 50yrs of age, she 46yrs],she'd never even bothered to start a pension for herself?so it's totally unjust that she have any part of mine.can she take half of my property or belongings etc which i had before we met&did her word of mouth agreement re finances form a binding agreement as she has reiterated that too a number of times[until we separated].or is there any other way you know of that i could turn the tables on the callous,devious woman that she's shown herself to be.already i've been forced to live without heating&hot water through winter in anticipation of my impending unemployment&am scared witless that everything i worked for since working myself out of a very underpriveledged council estate will be taken away from me by a woman i've only been married to for 2 1/2 yrs. she, in contrast, came from a privledged middle class home.am in a panic..help!!

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello law,

you've said you need more information but not said what you need?

fine to call me as i couldn't find a response from you so i'm somewhat confused?

mike

07508 023917

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am going to opt out of this. The question is now open to all experts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my specific question is within my original statement.....i.e;

can she take half of my property or belongings etc which i had before we met&did her word of mouth agreement re finances form a binding agreement as she has reiterated that too a number of times[until we separated].or is there any other way you know of that i could turn the tables on the callous,devious woman that she's shown herself to be.

mike

07509 023917

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can she take half of my property or belongings etc which i had before we met&did her word of mouth agreement re finances form a binding agreement as she has reiterated that too a number of times[until we separated].or is there any other way you know of that i could turn the tables on the callous,devious woman that she's shown herself to be

What is the extent of the assets and debts and where are you e ex and her children currently living?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

sorry,i cant understand thar sentence?

mike

My apologies for the bad typing!
What are the assets and debts actually worth?
Where are your ex and her children currently living?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok claire..thanks, what assets do i need to include and do you mean just mine or mine and hers.. i left before christmas and am back in my own home which was empty fortunately.

mike

I mean all assets that you each have whether in joint or sole names
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, ok, will have a think on that and get back to you...is there i time limit to me replying to you

mike

Take your time - I am trying to get a picture of what assets there are to be able to give you an idea of what might happen
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks claire.will get to it asap....not too efficient since i got the solicitors letter a few weeks ago..never imagined she'd want anything from me because she'd given me her word, if ever this happened, she wouldn't want anything from me..massive shock-just dropped to my knees in tears. particularly because the circumstances she set up for me at the time of the split meant i had to get out of the marital home fast. it was the last straw with her behaviour, i went off sick - & still am - 21/12/12 due to anxiety/stress from my teaching post 8 contract - due to end 31/3/13 but which was leading to a full time permanent job. thats now been withdrawn, i have no work or income after the 31st march and little prospect of work due to this ruining my good attendance record. she'd always given her word in this event that she'd let me stay in the marital home until any teaching contract was finished but completely dishonoured that agreement too which had me out on the street, christmas shutting down week with no other option but to return here to my sheffield home 90 miles away from my school in wolverhampton near to her home in cannock, staffs[50/50 owned by her and her ex husband]. where we were living in the marital home which makes it impossible to commute. so the whole affair has lost me my career and possibly now my home etc as i will have no income in a few weeks.. i know i'm prattling on claire but it's background info at least and will explain my slow responses to you ahead of tim. basically, sounds pathetic but am a broken man but have a speck of fight left in me to fight back and attempt to turn the tables on her. sorry to go on..normally very concise in business! mike

That is fine - take all the time you need
Claire