12826847

Hi, dont know if I would call it fraud, but its the nearest

Customer Question

Hi, don't know if I would call it fraud, but it's the nearest to what I think, I need advice on what to do, I went in to a bank last week, drew some money out, put of my account, then I was going to put some money into my relatives account, in an automated service machine, I tried to use one of the machines, but as I was using it, some money came out, which was not mine, I took the money out, put did not hand it in, & then used the other machine, to put money in my relatives account, I panicked & didn't know what to do, so walked out with the money, I know I have done wrong, & want to give the money back, but in the mean time the bank has contacted my realative got a call from the bank saying an incident has taken place & want to talk to me, I still have the money, but do not know how much it is, because I panicked & put it in my bag, & has got mixed up with what I with drew, I am worried & scared as what will happen to me, the bank want me to go in & see them, but I'm to scared, as they might arrest me, and I am too scared to talk to them, all I want to do is give the money back, which I am hoping just to put it in their account, please please can you advice me on this, thank you

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For JOMO1972
As I explained, that is what happened, & I'm just a bit worried, that if I go into the bank & she the person that I'm suppose to see, she might call the police & they might charge me,, I still have the money, I just want to pay it back,, but with out getting charged for taking it In the first place,,
Please can you tell me what I should do, or if I should get a representative to go with me, I'm just worried about all this
Well, obviously I cannot guarantee that they will not involve the police. To be wholly honest, it's you are saying that you have removed the money from one account that was not yours then probably they will involve the police.

The bank themselves cannot arrest you they could make a report to the police and I'm afraid it's quite likely that they will add.

In terms of what action to take, it would be mitigating that you return the money. It might be that your relatives would not make a statement against you anyway and their evidence might be central. There isn't really any way that you could hand the money back without risk but since they seem to be contacting you anyway there must be some evidence to link you to the matter.

If you do go and hand the money in then you may be lucky and they may take the view that it doesn't warrant a report or the police may take the view that it's not in the public interest to prosecute.

Equally though, attending may be incriminating.

If you are saying that the money was removed from your relatives accounts then you can always return the money to them.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

JOMO1972
hi. what i'm saying is, I did'nt take the money out of a relative account,

i put money into a relatives account, but the machine i was using was faulty. & as i was waiting to use the other machine,, the faulty machine came open, & there was money there, i took it out, i panicked. & i know i have done wrong, but want to return it, thats what I'm trying to say.

but now the bank is saying they want to talk to me regarding an incident, which i know what it is,

i just dont want to get arrested, its the banks fault for having faulty machines, i didnt ask for the money to come out, i just panicked,

just wish all this worry would go away.

No, its your fault for not returning the money.

I'm afraid there is a risk of a report.