13262538

i am married to a jamaican man (3 years in april) he has been

Customer Question

i am married to a jamaican man (3 years in april) he has been living in england for 19months now so does not have uk residency yet, the relationship has not worked out and i no longer want to be with him, can he stay in the uk and not live with me? if not then will he get sent back to jamaica straight away if i do not want him living with me? if he is sent back and we are not divorced what is the cheapest way to divorce him ? and what would i need to do?

Sandi
Thanks for your question - my name is Claire.
Is there any other Visa for which your husband might be eligible?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not that i am aware of?

Sandi

Whilst he still holds a Spouse Visa he can remain in the UK even if you are not living together.
Once the Border Agency have revoked the Visa he will have to leave - and they are likely to withdraw it when you notify them that the marriage is over.
The divorce procedure is the same where ever he is living although it will be easier to deal with whilst he is in the UK as it is easier to ensure that the paperwork is served on him
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Claire, do you have a number for the uk border agency as I have looked on the site but it seem impossible to speak to anyone directly.

There is a phone number here
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/contactspage/?item=201111
Claire