UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

is it not discrimination for social housing tenants to be targeted

Customer Question

is it not discrimination for social housing tenants to be targeted by the bedroom tax and yet private rental tenants claiming housing benefit in exactly the same situation are not affected
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

Discrimination only applies on the ground of sex, race, colour, religion etc.

In this case the tax is not discriminatory on those grounds so no, it is not discrimination,

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice