12826847

I have just had a bailiff at my door following up from a

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I have just had a bailiff at my door following up from a visit last week, where an arrangement was made with the bailiff for Council Tax backdate which is in dispute. The bailiff accepted my arrangement, but has returned today saying the council have rebuked it and they want full settlement by the 28th March. The amount which is in dispute is £2,500. The bailiff has just advised that if this is not paid then I will be committed to prison. I have not even had a chance to defend this action
How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For jomo1972

I amat my wits end, I need to know that if the amount is in dispute, and if whilst it is in dispute I have offered a sum which I can just afford, can the council rebuke it in this manner, and only give me 18 days for the balance

How much did you offer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for jomo1972

I offered £100.00 per month, and have shown the bailiff a income/expendiure breakdown, which I had prepared for the court hearing which I was denied access to

Thank you for this information, I am having a few technical problems and will come back to you as soon as it is resolved.