UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

If I use a smal claims court, In this case I am subcontractor,

Customer Question

If I use a smal claims court, In this case I am subcontractor, with the host company attemptong to bully me into accepting much lower fees. How is my paperwork, or any dealt with; Is it read at the court hearing, or is it read prior to the hearing date?

Mel Glentworth
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

You are required to file at court all evidence which you seek to rely upon normally 14 days before a hearing.

Therefore when you go into the small claims hearing you can safely assume the judge has ready the paperwork from you the claimant and defendant.

Therefore the judge will read it on the day, before calling you into the hearing.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, perhaps a naive question but thats just fine, I am very reasured by your answer.

Mel Glentworth

Great. Please remember to give my answer a good rating!