Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

we booked a package holiday for the last week in september

Customer Question

we booked a package holiday for the last week in september have paid the full deposit the remainder out standing to be paid 28th july 5 days ago my husband suffered a brain haemrrhage prognosis is termjnal can i cancel the holiday for both of us and will there be a refund or will there be further charges for me to pay the holiday company
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband.

You should have been told about the cancellation period. Usually if you cancel within this time you will only lose your deposit.

It is unlikely you will get this money back - but there is no harm asking.

The holiday company is entitled to the deposit and nothing more so long as you cancel within the period of time mentioned.

If you have holiday insurance you should be able to get back any money that you have paid.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for using our service. Please remember to rate my answer. I am happy to answer follow up questions for free.