UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Do I have any legal recourse to get back monies I was scammed

Customer Question

Do I have any legal recourse to get back monies I was scammed out of a rose_john50 from Nigeria
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help you today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How did you pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really don't have this 45 right now as this lady has me pretty much tapped out. I met her around august of 2011 and was from Malaysia. She ended up in Nigeria and I have been sending here money on a regular basis since. Most sent by western union with the last several times to Ojuolape Olusegun from Ile Ife Nigeria who was suppose to be taking care of some banking problems for a Rose John. He was a friend Of this Solomon Jam,es who has been helping Rose out. I have sent several 1000's of dollars.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

paid western union

This is a scam.If you met a lady online this is called a romance scam.This is quite common. The lady you met does not exist.This is a fake person created by a criminal cell.Sending western union is like sending cash - if am being honest your money has gone.You need to report this to the police locally.This is quite a common scam, but it is nonetheless.As such report it to the police.But in reality your money is lost.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want but based in what you have said, this is the legal position.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what the hell for. why go to the police. They can not do a damn thing and I just look like a bigger fool than I feel like

I was scammed in something similar for £25k

They had a uk counter part that got convicted.

But sadly the money is gone,

I am very sorry

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So those emails I was getting about our country working with he nigerian government to return monies scammed are also a scam and there is nothi ng on that end such as filing a claim with the nigerian government

No you can't do that.

To must report it to the police locally who will forward it to the serious fraud office and it goes from there......

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Basically I have just blown it off. My experience in dealing with going to the police is just a total waste of time. I already feel like a big enough fool without anybody else knowing about this other than you. I live in a small town and the cops here have big mouths so soon after I went to them I would be a total laughing stock. I only wish I knew how to track this bitch down. Thanks for wondering. Wish I had looked into this matter long ago, Should have known better.

Sorry for that......
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not your fault

No problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how does a man know whether or not these women on line are scams or not

Generally if they ask for money - they are scams.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK THANKS

Welcome