UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

my son is 19 living in AU and has both UK and AU passports

Customer Question

my son is 19 living in AU and has both UK and AU passports can he join me in the uk to live and work or study?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Yes of course he can join you in the uk if he holds british citizenship. If he wishes to reside in the uk on a permanent basis then there is nothing preventing him from studying or undertaking employment in the uk.

All the employers and the educational institutions will want to see is a copy of his british passport.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will he be eligible for student grants to undertake study or will he have to pay as an overseas citizen?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

There is a residency requirements which needs to be satisfied for your son to be deemed a home student.

The following link explains this further : http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_sheets/student_support_england.php