12826847

I am in a health plan through work which work pay for me and

Customer Question

I am in a health plan through work which work pay for me and I pay extra for my dependents. Last year my daughter altered 2 receipts amounting to £34.50 and I had a letter last week to say that if I paid it back the matter would be closed so I rang up and paid it the same day I got the letter. They don't know the story about what happened and they don't care but I have to take responsibility because it's in my name. They are cancelling my policy and although they haven't said so they will have to tell my employer as all contributions for the company and voluntary are paid through them. When they see it is cancelled they will want to know why and they will know something untoward has happened. I am in a position of trust at work and am the contact for the health company. This only happened on Friday so when I get into work on Monday I am going to ask the health company to delete my name from their records and give them my colleagues name as a contact. I don't actually deal with this now a colleague does I just haven't got around to amending the details but I am really worried about my position and also making my company look bad should the health company realise who I am. I am so worried I can't eat or sleep and I'm not sure what I should do about this. Does the health company have the right to tell my employer if they haven't told me they are going to tell my employer and can I ask them not to tell my employer and that I will inform them. I am just waiting for a letter to confirm the matter is closed but it doesn't seem to be. I have worked there for 15 years and my reputation is one of complete professionalism and integrity. Everyone know how much I stick to the book. I don't even know if I should go to my employer and tell them what happened but if there was any way they don't have to know as it's a closed case and there's no further action to be taken other than the cancellation of my policy I would rather that happened. I hope you can help me please?  Just one more thing I pay the contributions and if I was a member on my own and paid by direct debit my employer would never know so does this make any diffierence?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know what are your specific queries in relation to this situation?