UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

i previous work for a company called AAP Parking company over

Customer Question

i previous work for a company called AAP Parking company over the airport witch dealt with meet and greet, when i first started there they told everyone it was a month in hand, i worked there overall, for three and half month, i had one payment out of them for the second month, and nothing for the other months, which the amount they owed me, was £2700.00. When i ask them for the money they told us they had gone into liquidation, and told us we wouldnt be getting payed, so all the drivers went down there to sort it out, and the company change name to park and more, and told us they would give us a cheque £50.00 a month, but that stop last month to. and now there saying we are going to get nothing, i would like to ask you how all the others drivers and myself would go about getting the rest of the money they owe us,

teresa penn
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

Are they both ltd companies?

Did they agree to pay £50 a month in writing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they did to the company i work for now, stressfree

How many months did they pay you £50 a month for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 month

In that case by offering payment in writing and indeed paying they must, by implication accept the debt.

You should write and ask for full payment within 14 days or say you will go to court.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings. You can do this online at - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

As the claim is for less than £5000 it will be a small claim and no solicitor is needed.

Normally different ltd company debts are not enforceable. But here you have an agreement and indeed one payment showing they accept it.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?