UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

our son went to thailand last may 2012 we have not had any

Customer Question

our son went to thailand last may 2012 we have not had any contact with him since then but he has contacted us today saying he wants to comeback home.
He says that he has no money is sleeping on the streets and has had no visa since it expired last june.
We are desperate to know where he stands and how he can get back to th uk.Please help
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

Is he a uk national?

Do you have an American Express credit card?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes he is a uk national but we do not have an american express card

You can purchase a plane ticket for him online,

If you had an Amex card one would have been able to been collected from Thailand.

However if you have another credit card speak with the issuer and see if an additional card can be collected from Thailand. But I would suggest limiting its use.

He can get back to the uk by you getting a ticket for him. I assume he has his passport.

But buy a ticket online and he could be on a flight later today.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou for your prompt reply but does this mean he does not need a visa to leave the country?

To leave no.

You do not need a visa to leave the country.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks but what worries us that when he arrived in thailand last may his paasport was stamped at customs for arrival 26 may 2012 and expiry 24 june 2012 so will they say anything or be able to detain him?

If he wanted to stay he would need a further visa

But as he is leaving the country they will be happy to let him leave,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice