UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Can you please advise under a SHA what time of day should

Customer Question

Good Afternoon,
Can you please advise under a SHA what time of day should the tenant vacate on the last day of their tenancy. Also I asked the tenant when they came back to remove some items whether they wanted all the rest (mostly broken furniture, a full chip pan, and various old clothes and soiled bedding) and they said no, chuck it we are not coming back. They did not return that day so the following day I paid to remove the items. I have just been told they are taking me to court for stealing!
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is***** will do whatever I can to help you today.
The time is a matter normally decided between the parties.
But normally this is 12 noon.
If they have to vacate say by 15th march then normally they have all of 15th march by close of play being 5pm latest.
But it is normally 12 noon to hand the keys back.
If they did not remove their times that after the date they should vacate then you are correct to remove the items.
But by law you are required to give 28 days notice to hold onto the times before you can dispose of them.
If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.
Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.
Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was called to the property at 1.00pm by the carpet cleaners sent by the tenant. They could not contact the tenant but asked if I could move the items to the garden as they could not get to the carpets. This I did. When the tenants father and son came round at 5pm they said they did not require any more items and to throw the other items away as it was all rubbish. I did this the following day as I had new tenants with young children coming in and nowhere to store the items. I do have photos showing it is all rubbish.

If you were told you can throw away then thats ok.
They can threaten you with Court but will lose.
Do not be bullied.
You were given authority to dispose.
I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.