12826847

Just after some quick advise on consumer law. Purchased two

Customer Question

Just after some quick advise on consumer law. Purchased two SlingCatchers two years ago, its a box that connect to your Sat TV and it transmit the image to your TV. However I had to do a factory reset on the box (hold rest down fro 10secs) where it then has to download new firmware to the device. The problem is that the download link is no longer available, as the product has been discontinued. Phoned support who say its discontinued. The device will not get past the re-download bit so I am stuck with two boxes that cannot work anymore. My question is is this legal to produce a box that will stop working if they take the link for the new software down, is there a min time that the link should be avavaible? I understand that the box is old but the re-sale value of these boxes is about £500 each now and are like gold dust. Have I any consumer rights here or ca the company simply just do this? Its not under warrenty as two years old.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is***** will do whatever I can to help you today.
When did you pay for it?