12826847

saturday march 9th 2013 my husband told me that he wants to

Customer Question

saturday march 9th 2013 my husband told me that he wants to divorce me. He also told me that he does not want to save the marriage. This is come out of nowhere and I found out today (13/03/2013) he filed quickie divorce online. I was shocked. Is this normal?
We are married for 6 years. no children. We had many ups and downs. I know one thing and I can assure you that there is no faut my side. I can make them list financially and emotionally put me through alot.
For this reason I need to know few of my rights?
1- Can I get compensation from him?
a) We dont have children because of him. He has some problem and never get any treatment. I am sure easy to confirm. He fooled me.
b) first 3 years married we hardly had intercourse and more than 3 years we had no intercourse. At the beginning i didnt push him. then when i started ask him he said money issues, later year he said he is fat. Last year when i brought up the problem he told me he started to exercise so in september i would benefit
c) He destroyed my credit in Barclays and American Express.

2- Can you get monthly financial support? for how long? and how much?
He told me that he will support me financially

I stop working when we got married. I thought we could have babies sooner that was our plan. I expect and wait for so long but never happened.
Kindly regards
A Tan
Thank you for your children.
What assets and debts are there and what income do you each have
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont work. so I dont have income.

He is IT consultant. Income between £10.000 - 15.000

He loaned money and I loaned money seperatly for his business. Business failed. He used all money. So he decided to IVA for loans plus 2 of my Credit cards. He destroyed my credit but he is paying individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) for since may 2010. 3 years left to pay.

Who owns the property that you live in?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Private rented

What employment are you qualified for?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing. Before I got married I was a waitress

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Have you received the Divorce Petition yet?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i havent

Did you live together prior to the marriage at all - if so for how long.
Please confirm how much your ex earns each MONTH
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we met 1st of april 2006 then we lived together 8 months. agustos to april 5th 2007.

april 5th 2007 our weddng anniversary. he earns between 10 k to 15 k.

Given that level of income may I ask why there are no assets and what the money was spent on?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well thats the come my question for compensation from him. thats also usually reminder to him. getting a house for instance. He is a freelance IT consulant. without hesitation he makes good money.

first year of our marriage in 2007 i found out he was paying montly money to his ex-gfriend.. without my knowledge. i found out and she he stopped it. but it took time.

second year in 2008 he wanted to start to his business he loaned £20000 from RBS, I stupidly loaned £25000 from Barclays. plus his own salary he was paying salary to his so called employed people without any business. So business failed. so many unpaid bills..

2009 he tried to paid them unsuccesfully.

2010 he asked my help taking care of finans. open a share accound. and control his regular salary. because of unpaid loans and credit cards he assure me go through“INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTARY ARRANGEMENT”.for 6 years.

with painly i accepted and we paid most bills by the end of the year of 2010. i told him he can make money on his own and i suggested he can find a second job easly. then we agreed second job was gonna be only for saving for future. he didnt keep his promises he started employed a someone to do business again. this time he didnt tell me. he was doing secretly. when i found out i was fed up. so many expenses so many. so i believe there is no saving at all. but if his hidden somewhere he is fooling big time. i still believe he has no large amount of money. i told him he has to support me financially until i re-marry. He said ok.

well there is more details i can give you. money and not having child my main issues with him

How old are you both?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am 46 years old. he is 40 years old.

Just to clarify - did you bring any capital to the marriage that you have now lost?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i had saving about £7000 in HSBC. I used for general needs before and after marriage as I was not able ask money and he did not give me or offer me anything. as you know £25000 loan I took for him. I had also saving £7500 in Turkey when we had so many unpaid bills. I asked my sister to transfer from to turkey to my account so we paid all bills. all my savings before marriage gone

So you had savings of £14,500 when you met that you do not have now and you also have a debt in your name for £25,000 which he is currently paying?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes yes. and pn my name barclasys card £3400 and American Express £3000 something also currently he is paying

What evidence do you have that he earns £10,000 a MONTH?
Claire