12826847

My wife left me 5 weeks ago, she has found a new place

Customer Question

my wife left me 5 weeks ago, she has found a new place today, she asked whether she could claim full child benefits and whatever she can, even though we have agreed joint custody. If I go for tax credits I will not receive a penny. She asked whether I would do this as she could get more money to make sure the kidsare looked after. She is working but not earning much of a wage as her convienient store is just scraping even. She said by agreeing the kids residence will be with her in the new rented house instead of their home where we all lived. The kids are 4 and 5. How will this affect me in the future? Could she go for custody? Could she take them away from where we live now?
How is she suggesting that the children's time is shared between you?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

one day with me one day with her

Where will they sleep?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

with me in their own bedrooms one night and with their mother the next, as we have agreed alternate nights. My wife gets up at 4am for work, but will arrange cover the mornings she will have the kids. The rented house my wife has got is 7 miles away. I am worried that she will start getting as sellfish as she has been recently. She has blamed the split on financial disagreements of her business. I have put in £80,000 in 7 years to save the business and now there is light at the end of the tunnel she has gone. She wants all this to be ammicable as she was the one to leave. All I am worried about is future implications if I agree to her telling tax benefits that the kids are with her full time when they are not. She has been selfish in the split as it was out of the blue and her reasonbs for going does not justify breaking up a marriage. I personally think and this is all my family and friends views is that she is ill with stress and prewssure of work

Have you considered that this is a very disruptive arrangement for small children?
Claire