Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

Hi XXXXX be charged with harrssment by my husband Girlfriend/

Customer Question

Hi XXXXX be charged with harrssment by my husband
Girlfriend/ mistress whom I have known for 20 years
I suspected my husband was having an affair
With her and tried to call her many times
During which time she called me crazy
And denied
I then found proof and just wanted to ask

Her why
Wanted a little respect and called and called
She had changed her number and I tried to
Call her sister in law for new number
Her duster in law asked why and I told her
I was am distressed
She is in California and is filing charges got
Harrasnent here
Can she do this
All I wZnted is to talk to her
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help you today.

Has she ever told you to stop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tes
Then you could be guilty of an offence.

Harassment is where one party pursues a course of conduct likely to cause alarm, harassment or ditress.

If as such she told you to stop this could be an offence.

However if the police get involved they are more likely to warn you to stop any contact.

This is called a harassment warning. If you breach this then you could be proseucted.

But based on what you have said this is an offence.

But if you have no previous then they are likely to just warn you first of all.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok
But as she was someone I back own for many years that had constantly denied that she was havi g an affair until proof was found then the reason for trying to talk to her was because she was a friend for years
Is it possible for her to successfully file the charge from California to London where I am and how would this be done and what will the implications on me be
Yes I understand.

No they can't charge it from the uk. It must be a uk offence charged in the uk.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Do are you telling me that if I am in the uk and she is based there they cannot serve me with anything such as a restraining order or bring charges on me here
And do you think I have any rights if they do
They can't issue an injunction in the uk and enforce it here.

This would be very rare.

They can not bring charges in the uk. They would have to extradite you and then face charges there.

That is very unlikely.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok
The solicitors there have warned me that in accordance
To Californian law they can file a restraining order
And harrasment and cyber bullying as I tried to
Speak with her via email too
And that that these orders can be enforced
All I wanted to do was ask why she lied
I was sad and suffered a lot of depression and
Even a suspected stroke
I just wanted closure
I am a respectable mother of two teenage children
And needed truth confirmation outside of my husband
I know know sadly I should not expect truth from adulterers
But a little too late
Is it?
Thanks again
Orders can be enforced from the USA to the uk but it is very rare and not normal.

I just would not contact her again.

But do not be bullied.

It's the exception not the rule.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not contacted her since the last three moths but I guess she does not want me to expose her anymore
And I have no intention too either as I. Have more
Pressing issues at home now with my husband

But I am constantly receiving a barrage of threats
From her lawyers to ask me to refrain from speaking
To her or family in writing
I'm only aggrieved by this as I feel I'm bring persecuted
For trying to ask why
Ok go ahead and have an affair but I wZnted her to
Know the damage she has done to me and my kids
As someone they know too
I think they know a senator in Washington and am feeling
Vulnerable
I feel like I am stripped of all emotional rights and although
I am not going to contact her or again and have not
I don't see why I have to put this down on paper

But am scared of reprucusdions if I don't
They have given me two examples if cases too
What do you mean by bullied exactly
You should just not respond to the solicitors.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Californian civil code 527.7 and 1708.7
And case schlussel v schlussel 1983 141 ca 3d 194, 198-199

Please can you look this up and explain this
I guess this. Will probably give me the botXXXXX XXXXXne answe
I would really appreciate your help
I am desperate and really need closure
Don't worry.

Californian law is not binding in the uk.

Only uk courts have jurisdiction here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you able to represent me if neededIf so where are you basedThis does worry me as I have been told so many things I'm not sure what to believe and need help plwaseThe solicitors have just sent me notice by email to say that they can press charges against me if I don't respond in 14 daysAll they said was they have enough to get me with
I am in birmingham but site rules prevent me from representing you.

As I said do not bu bullied but I would not contact her again.

They can not charge you in the uk

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is a restraining order the same as a charge
Can they not get a restraining order served on me

My friend who is a solicitors seems to think that they can
Through a firm here and through the courts both in
California and here

So if the charge is harder what about the restraining order
And do you think that influence from a senator they know
May help them
Please
I really do appreciate your timr
A restraining order is a civil remedy or criminal post conviction.

They can't influence anything in the uk.

They have no jurisdiction whatsoever in the uk.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have just received an email from the solicitors in California
To say that they are in the process of preparing a lawsuit in cslifornia
That holds jurisdiction due to my emails and phone calls
They hZve said quote
That this could prove to be a very expensive lesson if I do not
Take them seriously
What does this mean please
They can do whatever they want in California.

They can't touch you here.

They are bullies.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.