Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

I LIVE IN A 32 STOREYED PRIVATE FLAT WHICH WAS BUILT IN 2000.

Customer Question

I LIVE IN A 32 STOREYED PRIVATE FLAT WHICH WAS BUILT IN 2000. WE HAVE HAD CLAIMS SOME OF WHICH WERE MET BY NHBC INSURANCE CLAIMS AND SOME WHICH WERE NOT MET BY THE BUILDER WHO DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW. AT PRESENT WE ARE HAVING TO MEET CLAIMS TOTALLING £32,500 WHICH ALL RELATE TO WINDOW CILL REPAIRS WHICH HAVE COME ABOUT BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL BUILDER USED INFERIOR MATERIALS. HAVE WE A CLAIM AGAINST THE BUILDER FOR THE USE OF MATERIALS WHICH WERE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

I am sorry no.

This is because any claim for breach of contract is normally statue barred after 6 years under the limitation act. Where the contract is by deed limitation is 12 years under the act.

As such bearing in mind your property was built in 2000 you are now out of time.

Limitation is an absolute defence and if you bring a claim it will fail.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.