29905560

if a complaint is minuted in a meeting, does this mean it is

Customer Question

if a complaint is minuted in a meeting, does this mean it is going further?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please explain your situation in a bit more detail
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A student made a complaint about me. My boss spoke to me briefly about it at Christmas, but I was at a meeting the other day where it was minuted that the complaint had been made and discussed with me. What concerns me is that the committee papers are now due to go to another committee. Maybe my boss feels it is done and dusted but I don't feel like that, and I haven't had a chance to formally reply to what has been said.

It is certainly not the case that if a complaint is minuted it will go any further and be dealt with formally. It can go either way - the employer can decide that it has been dealt with, or they may still go ahead and deal with it formally. The fact that it has been minuted means nothing. So if you are concerned about this being brushed under the carpet you may approach your employer to query what their position in relation to it is and whether they still intend on dealing with it formally. As long as no formal action has been taken against you, or this has gone on your record, then there is not much for you to be concerned about as the fact that it has not been dealt with properly does not mean it will affect you in any way.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating as that is a very important part of our process. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So she might be intending on escalating it then? Or not, as the case may be? At what point will I be told if it is going to go to formal proceedings?

when they decide to take this further formally you will be told if you are to attend an investigatory meeting or a formal disciplinary. You will be given advance notice

As your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer - it only takes a second to do. I can then continue providing further advice and answer follow up questions if needed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Should I alert the Union now or just wait until I hear back from my boss or HR?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What should I do now? Just wait?

There is no need to do anything, once you are advised this will go further (if it does at all) then you can involve the union for support