12826847

hi i registered in LA fitness 3 months ago. at the first when

Customer Question

hi i registered in LA fitness 3 months ago. at the first when i arrived there asked about the how much is that per month and one of staff told me first three month £25 and after that £40 and i said oh its expensive and i cant afford £40 and he told me you can come for three month £25 after that you cancel your joining for one month and you can join again after one month for £25 pound and i said really thanks i want to join and he took me to the office and said sighn this monitor with your finger and my english isnt good enough to read whole monitor i asked whatis this and he said its depend to your direct debit now after 3 month i went for cancel and they said you cant cancel because your contract is one year so i canceled my direct debit from bank now every day they send me letter your contract is 15 months and you have to pay £650 and i dont know what to do but i swear they didnt tell me any thing about one year or two years contract please help me.
How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need your help to cancel it and i want to know whats happen if i ignore them because i swear they didnt say even one word that your contract is for one year or two years now when i call to head office and i asked them how much is the cancelation fee thy said you have too pay whole the money .

Did you sign a contract confirming you would be bound for 12 months?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i signed two times one monitor with my finger when i asked what is this he told me its just for confirmation of your direct debit but they didnt give me any paper to sign and my eyes side is really poor and i cant read properly with out glass.

And does that document contain a term to the effect that you are bound for 12 months?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont know because i didnt read but when i asked he said just for direct debit and i want to know if is agreement they have to give me one copy of this no like this singe the monitor

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi what's happened I'm waiting

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded.

I am sorry though but its very unlikely you can cancel. The document you signed with almost certainly contain a term tying you in for 12 months.

I'm afraid it is your obligation to read what you sign not theirs to bring it to your attention.

Whether they gave you a copy or not is a non issue. If it contains a term and condition and bears your signature then you are liable.

Whether they would sue or not is another matter. Gyms have been known to do so I'm afraid.

You can always offer a lesser sum in full and final settlement.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want to know whats happen if i dont pay and ignore them be cause i said i pay half of all the money but they didnt accept this

They may sue and seek a CCJ. Gyms do that quite often.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

your means is maybe they send me to court but i dont have money what can i do

I'm not sure what you mean?

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.