How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34589
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my mother is law is very disabled and my husband wants to bring

Customer Question

my mother is law is very disabled and my husband wants to bring her to live with us. we both own our house. can i stop him?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
In so far as you can ask you mother in law to leave whenever your husband is not there you can make this unworkable
However I should point out that if she needs to be cared for Social Services will have to pay for the care home fees if she has no funds with which to do so
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you