UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

i have just been given a notice of premises licence breach

Customer Question

i have just been given a notice of premises licence breach because i was serving at 9.30.am and my licence starts a 10.am but it was a coach filled with all our friends going to a football match
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

Was anyone paying?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he was in the bar for less than tow minutes he followed my husband into the kitchen where i was making bacon sandwitches can i say we gave the beer away they were paying for the bacon sandwitces

If they paid for the beer then you are in breach.

I can not tell you to lie but if it went to court a judge is unlikely to consider that you have it away.

I am sorry but you have to be realistic.

You can mitigate but you have breached if.

I am sorry

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what does have it away mean

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
i did not understand the answer
I see you have relisted this.

Did anybody pay for the alcohol?
If they paid for the alcohol then you are in breach.

If they did not pay for the beer you are not in breach.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been a landlady for 25years police used to have to enter the licence premises buy a drink have it analysed to say whether it was alcohol or not he never did any of that he just asked to speak to the manager. My husband is the dps he has filled in the breach form. Wrong I don't fill that he followed correct procedure
If there is no evidence then I would not be concerned........