Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

Virgin flight from Jamaica to London (scheduled for 19.15 on

Customer Question

Virgin flight from Jamaica to London (scheduled for 19.15 on 13 March) delayed for 24 hours due to some form of hydralic failure showing as red warning light to pilot. Replacement part had to be flown out as not available locally. Flight eventually took off at 19.25 of 14 March.
Virgin provided free hotel accommodation/meals/ transfers etc.
Also offered 12,500 free 'air miles'
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

Did you have travel insurance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Ok. And what is your question of me about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is Virgin liable to pay any compensation for the delay

No.

You have travel insurance and that is what you should claim on for any compensation.

Virgin are only liable to feed you and put you up in a hotel.

Any claim should be made on insurance as airline claims are limited by law to the above.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

The travel regulations are quite clear and sets out their rights and responsibilities to you.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.