13262538

I found a lock in one of my wifes boxes. It could just be

I found a lock in one of my wifes boxes. It could just be a replacement. But the house is in her name. In the eventuality things go badly in our relationship. Does she has the right to change the lock without direct legal consequences? I comute weekly for work a few days of the week. If one day I come back home and the lock has been changed... What can I do and how should I act? Can I call the police and force my wife to open the door and stay in the house?
Are there any children involved?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I came to live at house in 2006. She had three children from a previous martiage. We have a daughter in 2007 and married in 2009. In 2011 we had a baby boy with Down's.
Who has the day to day care of the children?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We live together and both care for them. Except i commute to work and sped two nights a week outisde home.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We both care for all of them. Except I comute to my work from NI to England from Monday-Wednesdays (two nights away).

I am afraid that that means that your wife will undoubtedly be seen as the main carer of the children.
Since you are married you have the right to live in the Former matrimonial Home.
However if your ex should change the locks you cannot break back in as you are not a joint owner - instead you will have to apply to the Court for an Order allowing you to return to the property - although the fact that she is the main carer of the children there could be a major problem
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry Claire, I could not understand well the end of your message: "...although the fact that she is the main carer of the children there could be a major problem"

Since you wife is the main carer of the children it is possible that a court will decide that it would cause too much risk of the children witnessing disputes
Claire