UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

i bougt a sofa and chair from csl when th delivery men brought

Customer Question

i bougt a sofa and chair from csl when th delivery men brought it they ripped the arms on the sofa and the chair is tonr and the spring is rubbing, csl sent someone to look at it and they are going to fix it but in my house and it will take 4 hours.they have said i cannot have a new one they must have the chance to repair it to 100%.but i would rather have a new one has this is not our fault can you please tell me where i stand .
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help you today.

Under the Sale of Goods Act you have a reasonable time in which to reject goods which is accepted as being 14-28 days.

In this case it was damaged on the day.

As such you are entitled to have a repair or reject it.

They can not insist that you have a repair, so yes you can reject it if you wish or demand a replacement.

So yes, you can demand that you get a new one.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have toldcsl about the sales of goods act but they just say no i cannot have a new sofa and chair because it was a made to order one.

You can still reject. Its damaged.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but i have told csl i want a new one and they wont let me have a new one. what would be the best thing to do,im getting no where ringing them or emailing them ,

Ask for a refund and if they refuse issue proceedings.

You can do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If the claim is for £5000 or below it will be a small claim.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice