Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

What is the form, process and procedure to get an injunction

Customer Question

What is the form, process and procedure to get an injunction in Queens Bench for online harassment?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nic,

Iam being harassed and defamed by a notorious internet troll. He has distressed many other people and now he has turned his attention to me by making malicious and false Youtube videos about me, attacking my own video, and making other comments on other social media.

Due to his previous actions with other people, where he has continue over a year, I feel that if I dont take action he will continue.

So I seek an injunction for harassment.

Have you reported this to the police?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

You should.

This is because it is an offence to send a message that is offensive or may cause upset.

You need to report this to the police who can investigate and prosecute where necessary.

The police can prosecute and stop this person contacting you.

Also the police can ask for an injunction to prevent them contacting you in future.

Therefore you should report this matter to the police.

Otherwise if you take legal proceedings this could be costly.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will report to the Police, however if they fail to act, I will seek an injunction from the high court myself as I have litigation experience.

So can you tell me the form, process and procedure for seeking an injunction for harassment at Queens Bench?

It's not the high court, you can do this in the county court.

It's form n1, n16a and you need to pay a fee of £175 to issue.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i can wait

thanks

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My colleague has correctly explained the procedure available. Is there something else you wish to know?