How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my mother is in a care home and pays the full amount for her

Customer Question

my mother is in a care home and pays the full amount for her care.She wishes to gift me the annual gift allowance.We have a joint account and I have full power of attorney.How do we go about this,can a the money be transferres to my account and do we have to let the local authority know.Thank you.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Is it likely that the Local Authority will have to contribute to her care at any point?

Related Law Questions